Providing health and safety information and training helps you to:
- Meet your legal duty to protect the health and safety of your employees and others
- Develop a positive health and safety culture within the workplace
- Ensure your employees know how to work safely
The advantages of training with One Stop Safety Training include:
- We can ensure your workforce is competent in health and safety
- We can help your business minimise accidents and ill health
- We can enhance your reputation of being a conscientious and responsible employer
- We can help your business to comply with health and safety legislation and avoid financial costs from both legal and civil claims.
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 requires all employers to provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of your employees and others.
This law is expanded by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 which highlights the importance of health and safety training when people start work, on exposure to new or increased risks and where existing skills may need updating or refreshing.
Who Needs Health and Safety Training?
You do – As an employer or self-employed individual, you must be able to identify any risks from your work and ensure you and your team are working safely.
Your managers and supervisors do – if you employ managers and supervisors they need to know what you expect from them in terms of health and safety, and how you expect them to deliver it. They need to understand your health and safety policy and what procedures you expect them to follow. As they are responsible for managing risks they may need additional training.
Your employees do – Everybody that works for you needs to know how to work safely without risks to health. Just like your supervisors all your employees need to know about the health and safety policy, and how they can adhere to it which is why training is vital.
How can One Stop Safety Training help?
One Stop Safety Training team have expert knowledge and can advise you on what training your business needs to comply with the law and ensure your workforce is competent manage safely and work safely.
We offer bespoke training to a range of industries that include construction, retail, production and warehousing, health and social care and administration.
We understand that your employees may have particular training needs, for example:
- Your new recruits need basic induction training into how to work safely, including arrangements for first aid, fire and evacuation.
- Your employees changing jobs or taking on extra responsibilities that need to know about relevant health and safety duties.
- Young employees that work for the organisation should be trained as they are particularly vulnerable to accidents and need additional support and guidance within the workplace.
- Your safety representatives will require training that reflects their responsibilities.
- Your team will need refresher training or their skills updating after a period of time elapsed.
One Stop Safety Training are on hand to assist you to prioritise your training needs and will work with you to ensure your staff are fully trained to perform their job role and comply with all Health and Safety Regulations.
For more information on any of our courses then please contact a member of our team on 0808 6186788