This course aims to promote effective control of ‘Manual Handling Risks’ and provide instruction in ‘Manual Handling Techniques’.
Who Should Attend?
Whether you work in a shop, on site or in an office this course will be beneficial to you. Having the correct manual handling technique is important in all walks of life.
What Will I Learn?
At the end of the session participants will be able to: -
- Explain what is meant by the term “Manual Handling”
- Explain how Manual Handling can cause injury
- State the principles for controlling Manual Handling Risks and apply these in a practical context
- Demonstrate a general understanding of conducting a Manual Handling Assessment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Regulations. 1992
We can provide this course at your premises or on site. If you are interested simply fill in the contact form and one of our experts will be in touch alternatively call 0808 168 6788 and speak to our team.
Half a Day
- Introduction to manual handling
- What is manual handling?
- Health and Safety at work act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992
- Manual handling injury causation's
- Accident Statistics
- Basic human anatomy
- The Spine
- Hierarchy of Control
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
- Correct Handling Techniques.
- Theory Test
Successful candidates will receive a One Stop Safety Training certificate, valid for 3 years.